Learn how to use uBlock Origin iOS app.
Disrupting our reading and viewing pleasures, ads on browsers can prove quite bothersome and intrusive. They come in multiple forms, from pop-ups and videos to banner ads and sponsored content. Doesn’t matter what type of ad it is, it can be quite an annoyance. Ads ruin your immersion and can hinder your entire experience. Thankfully, we have ad blockers to the rescue.
Your web browsing experience can improve significantly with ad blockers installed. These powerful tools are made to stop websites from displaying unwanted ads. It improves your experience, makes pages load faster, and keeps your privacy secure. uBlock Origin is one such tool, and many have been clamoring for uBlock Origin on iOS devices.
What’s uBlock Origin?
uBlock Origin is a browser extension that blocks all types of ads and trackers on the internet. It protects your privacy and prevents advertisers from collecting your data without your consent by blocking third-party scripts. Additionally, it automatically blocks any suspicious ads or pop-ups that appear on your screen, thus safeguarding your system’s security and sensitive information. uBlock Origin allows you to choose which types of content to block or allow, allowing you to customize your browsing experience. If you want to significantly improve your browsing experience while maintaining your privacy and security online, uBlock Origin is an extension definitely worth checking out.
How To Use uBlock Origin?
- First of all, you’ll need to install uBlock Origin from your browser store. You can search for it and then click the “Add to” option to install the extension.
- Once installed, click the uBlock Origin icon in your browser’s toolbar and access the dashboard. You can customize your settings and choose what you want to block or allow, including ads, trackers, and scripts.
- uBlock Origin will automatically block ads and trackers on web pages. But if you encounter an ad that is not blocked, right-click on it and select “Block element.” This will add the ad to uBlock Origin’s blacklist and be blocked in the future.
- You may want to allow ads or trackers on certain websites where necessary. Simply click on the uBlock Origin icon in your toolbar and click “Whitelist.” From here, you can add any website’s URL to the whitelist, and the tool will allow ads and trackers on that site.
Is uBlock Origin Available For iOS?
Unfortunately, uBlock Origin for iOS is not a thing as of now. Apple is not too lenient with ad blockers and only allows a few. Most of which is their proprietary tools. uBlock Origin is unavailable on the App Store and can not be installed on a Safari browser. There are no working methods to get the extension on your iPhone either because it’s not a standalone app you could sideload.
Can You Use uBlock Origin on iOS With An Emulator?
Emulators are not a new concept, but for different reasons, there has never been a good Android emulator for iOS. The two systems have severe incompatibility issues between them. The differences between iOS and Android operating systems prevent an Android emulator from being installed on an iOS device. Using an iOS device to run an Android emulator virtually is not feasible since both platforms use separate software architectures. Nor are mobile phones as powerful as computers to overcome these limits.
Unfortunately, there is no working Android emulator that guarantees to make uBlock Origin on iOS usable.
Alternatives To uBlock Origin on iOS
As you can see, there is no way to get uBlock Origin on iOS. While it is disappointing, it is not the end of the world. You can use some alternatives while you hopefully wait for an iOS version of the extension.
The three best alternatives are AdBlock Plus, AdGuard, and Wipr.
- AdBlock is a free-to-use and open-source tool you can use without spending a penny.
- Wipr is a paid tool but provides great safety and privacy.
- AdGuard can be another great option that works on a freemium model.
Plenty of other ad blockers work on iOS and are as good as uBlock Origin.
Conclusion: Download uBlock Origin for iOS
Ad blockers make a big difference by preventing pop-ups and personalizing online activities. As ad blockers continue to become more and more popular, there are divided opinions on whether you should use them.
On the one hand, there are concerns that ad blockers affect the revenue of websites and content creators. But from a user’s POV, they offer protection for online privacy and a more enjoyable browsing experience.
Regardless of where you stand, ad blockers are useful for many, and there is a reason why they are so popular. While uBlock Origin on iOS might not be a solution for you, there are plenty of other alternatives.