Download Minecraft on Mac and Play the game for free!
Most of us are familiar with the blocky world of Minecraft at this point. Regardless of how much we have played the popular sandbox game. With its simple yet addictive gameplay, Minecraft continues to capture the hearts and minds of millions of players worldwide. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newcomer to the game, there’s always something new to discover and create in this game.
This is one reason why the game never seems out of fashion. Another reason behind the game having a large player base is its availability. You can play Minecraft on many operating systems, from handheld devices to desktops, including macOS.
Is Minecraft Available On Mac?
Minecraft is available across multiple operating systems and macOS is one of them. You don’t need to find any workarounds to get the game to run on your Mac computer. There is no difference between the different versions of the game either. You get the same gameplay, features, and experience on Mac as on a Windows computer.
You can also install mods and texture packs for Minecraft on Mac free or paid.
Anyone can download Minecraft on a Mac device through the Mojang website or App Store. There are some third-party options you can use to download the game as well, but they are not recommended. You can never confirm a website’s credibility from the first look. It’s not worth taking a risk when you can simply use the official website or App Store.
Is Minecraft On Mac Free?
As of today, it is impossible to legally download a free version of Minecraft on Mac or any platform at all; while several unofficial websites claim to offer free downloads of Minecraft for Mac, it’s recommended not to try them. It’s important to note that these downloads may contain malware, ransomware, or any other viruses potentially harmful to your computer.
Even if you find a working version of the game for free, it is illegal to do so and might land you in trouble.
The official version of Minecraft for Mac is not free, and it must be purchased from the game’s developer, Mojang Studios.
However, the good news is that the game is inexpensive, and you can purchase it directly from an official website. It’s always recommended to purchase Minecraft from official sources to ensure you get a safe and legitimate version of the game.
However, some legitimate websites might allow you to buy the game at a discounted price. It’s recommended to first research the website’s legitimacy before making any payment online.
Download Minecraft on Mac for Free
So while it is not possible to play Minecraft on Mac for free it doesn’t mean you can’t get the Minecraft experience without spending money. There are three different ways you can get Minecraft on Mac for free.
You can play Minecraft using its free trial before deciding whether you want to buy the game. The free trial allows you to get a taste of what it is like to enter the world of Minecraft.
Another way you can experience Minecraft on Mac for free is by playing the classic Minecraft. It is the second-ever version of the game that we know today. It might not be the exact same game but it is completely free and you can get quite a fun time out of it.
There’s a third and final way to download Minecraft on Mac for free. This method involves installing Windows on your Mac to take advantage of Minecraft’s free availability on the Xbox Game Pass. It involves a few extra steps that not everyone might be familiar with. Here you’ll find a complete guide on how to use this complex method to get Minecraft on Mac free.
1. Play The Classic Minecraft Online
Everyone knows about Minecraft, but not everyone has played the classic online version of Minecraft. It is a free-to-play, browser-based port of the game that has been around since its online release. It is a simple, stripped-down version of the game that we are so familiar with. Here is how to access the classic version if you want to play Minecraft on Mac for free.
- Head to the official website of Minecraft Classic and wait for the game to load.
- The game will ask you to enter a username before you can start playing.
- You can pick any unique username to proceed. The same screen also has a shareable link with which you can invite friends to play. You can invite up to 9 other players to your server.
You might not find the best graphics or the newest updates with Minecraft online, but there is still plenty to stick around for. You can still explore its open-world environment, build structures, and interact with other players online. While the classic version lacks many of the features and gameplay mechanics of the full game, it is still a fun and nostalgic way to experience Minecraft. Especially if you want to play Minecraft on Mac for free.
2. Use Xbox Game Pass To Get Minecraft on Mac Free
The Minecraft game is now free for everyone with an Xbox Game Pass subscription. While the Game Pass is not available for macOS, you can use it on your Mac by installing Windows. There are two ways you can do so. Either using the Mac’s Boot Camp feature or Parallels, a third-party tool. The Game Pass is not free, however; you need to pay for its subscription. But it comes with multiple benefits and other free games that might make it worth it.
3. Take The Free Trial
We have all played demos of video games before buying them. These demos or free trials let you get a firsthand experience of the game before deciding whether it’s worth buying. Minecraft has a free trial available for multiple platforms, but macOS is not one of them. The only way to get the free trial on your Mac is by either using an emulator or installing Windows.
If you want to go the emulator way, you can download and install the Bluestacks emulator. To install Windows, you can use Parallels or the built-in Bootcamp. The rest of the procedure remains the same regardless of how you go. Here is how to avail the Minecraft free trial.
- Go to the official Minecraft website.
- Scroll down the website to find the option for Minecraft under the “Games” section.
- Locate and click on Minecraft.
- Click on the “Try It Free” option on the far right.
- You will see two logos representing Windows and Android. Click on the Android icon if you want to use Bluestacks. Otherwise, click on the Windows icon.
- The Android icon will take you to the Google Play Store to install Minecraft Trial.
- The Windows option opens up the Xbox Game Pass website, and you can claim the trial by clicking “Get Free Trial”.
How To Get Minecraft on Mac Full Version
If you like what you see in the free trial, you can buy and play the full game. Here is an easy guide to help you download and install the game on your Mac computer.
Downloading Minecraft On Mac
- Install the game by downloading the official launcher.
- Visit the official Minecraft website and locate “Get Minecraft” on the homepage. You will need a Mojang account for the process, so ensure you have one.
- You will be taken to a page where you have to choose the platform you want to buy the game for. Click on “Computer” and then choose Mac to proceed.
- After you have completed the purchase, you will be redirected to a download page where you can download the game.
Installing Minecraft on Mac
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the Minecraft.dmg file to open the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the game.
- After the installation, launch the game by double-clicking on the Minecraft icon in the Applications folder.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your Minecraft account when the game starts. Enter your account details and click on the “Login” button to start playing.
Minecraft System Requirements for Mac
Any modern Mac device is more than capable of running Minecraft smoothly. The game is well-optimized as well. Even if you have a slightly older system, there are high chances you can play Minecraft without any game-breaking issues. Here is a rundown of your system’s minimum requirements to match to run Minecraft.
Operating System: 64-bit macOS X Maverick 10.9.
Processor: Intel Core i3 or Apple M1.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, AMD Radeon HD 2400 XT, or Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better.
Storage: At least 2GB of free disk space.
Conclusion: Download Minecraft for macOS Free
Minecraft provides endless possibilities for players of all ages, and its popularity doesn’t show any signs of slowing down anytime soon. It’s easily available for people worldwide across multiple platforms and systems.
Minecraft has a well-built and well-optimized port for Mac devices, and you can enjoy it with your friends, regardless of what system they own. It might be paid, but you can play the game for free using the methods provided here.
Leave a Reply