Learn how to set up and use Magic Mouse For Windows!
If you have ever used a Mac, you must know about Magic Mouse already. This is the most advanced way of handling your mouse. It is easy to use and lightweight at the same point in time. There are multiple features of using Magic Mouse. It provides you with excellent support for multitouch gestures and impressive battery life. The good thing is that you can use this tool for your Windows as well. You will be required to use Bluetooth for the connectivity with Magic Mouse. It will perform basic navigation without issues as well. However, the input device’s touch-based nature means you can’t scroll anywhere unless you install the appropriate drivers.
Setting Up Magic Mouse For Windows
The first thing that you need to understand is how you can set Magic Mouse for your windows device. It can be connected to your PC just like any other Bluetooth device. You can follow the steps mentioned below to get the job done smoothly:
- You have to open the Start menu on your device. Thereafter, you will be required to go to Settings.
- The next step would be to select Devices on your PC.
- Switch to Bluetooth & other devices on the sidebar.
- You will have to turn on the switch for Bluetooth here. You can click on the option “Add Bluetooth or another device” in the next window.
- Now, you have to select “Bluetooth”
- If there are a lot of Bluetooth devices turned on at the same point in time, it might take some scrolling to find Magic Mouse. Generally, however, you will find the option comfortable. So select your Magic Mouse as and when it appears on the screen.
- The last thing to do would be to click on “Done”. It will finish the pairing process smoothly.
There are times when Magic Mouse won’t appear in the options on your screen. You don’t have to worry as you can turn your input devices off again. Then you can turn it back on and there are high chances that Magic Mouse appears on your screen. You have to click and connect to it as and when the option appears when you turn your Bluetooth on.
How To Operate Magic Mouse On Windows
As we have already told you, operating Magic Mouse is going to come smoothly for you. Click the mouse’s left side to perform a regular click and the right side to execute a right click. This is exactly how things work on a normal mouse, so there’s nothing different in the configuration of a mouse. Would you like to swap the buttons or adjust the cursor speed? That can be done in a fairly simple manner as well. You can go to the Start option on your desktop and then click on Settings. Once you get there, you can go to the Devices. You have to click on the Mouse option in the next window. You can also change the scrolling speed, depending on what suits your requirements the best. But you will have to add the Apple Wireless Mouse driver to your PC first to run this feature.
There’s an option to select Additional mouse options as well. They will appear on the right of the screen. Through this option, you can bring more changes to the configuration of Magic Mouse. You may change the double-click speed as per your will. You can also work on the pointer precision through this option.
Installing Magic Mouse Driver On PC
If you want to configure scrolling on your Magic Mouse, you will have to install the Magic Mouse Driver first. There are two ways in which you can install a Magic Mouse Driver on your computer. We will discuss both methods in detail here:
Download Drivers Directly From Apple
You can download the driver directly from Apple as well. The platform comes to you with a Boot Camp Support Software package. This package contains the Magic Mouse driver needed to enable scrolling on the PC. But if you’re running Windows 10, it might not work properly. You can follow these steps if you’re using the version of Windows above Windows 10:
- The first thing that you have to do is visit Apple’s, Download Page. Once you get there, you can search for boot camp support software. You have to look forward to the latest version of the Boot Camp Support Software to download for your PC.
- You will download a ZIP file. If your internet connection is smooth, it is going to take a few minutes to complete the download.
- Next up, you have to extract the ZIP file.
- Open the extracted folder and go to BootCamp > Drivers > Apple.
- You will find an “AppleWirelessMouse64” file here. You need to double-click on this file. You have to follow the on-screen instructions carefully to install the Apple Wireless Mouse Drivers.
- Once all of it is done, you can restart your PC.
It will take a few moments for your PC to turn back on. Check if you can scroll vertically or horizontally in Windows using the Magic Mouse. In case it’s not working, you can try the next method.
Download Driver From Apple Using Brigadier
You can also use Brigadier, a Python script, to fetch the latest Boot Camp Support Software from Apple by identifying your PC as a Mac. Here are the steps that you need to follow for this purpose:
- First up, download Brigadier from GitHub. You can copy the Brigadier.exe file to the desktop.
- Once done, you can go to the Start Menu. You have to type “cmd” and then select open.
- You have to type “cd Desktop” in the next step. You have to drop this command into the Command Prompt console.
- You have to type another command “brigadier.exe -m MacBookPro16,3”.
- Now you need to wait for Brigadier to get downloaded. It will take some time to extract the latest drivers from Apple to the desktop.
- Open the BootCamp folder on the desktop and go to $WinPEDriver$ > AppleWirelessMouse.
- There will be a file named “AppleWirelessMouse64.inf” and you have to right-click on the file.
- Select “Install” and wait for the process to get completed.
Concluding: Use the Magic Mouse on Windows
We have told you all the aspects regarding Magic Mouse for Windows. Now bring it to your PC and make the most out of it!
Leave a Reply